Saturday, February 19, 2011

Banana Muffins and the Magical Banana..and a Thank You!

First of all, I want to thank all who commented on my last post and left some great advice. I think I am snapping out of it. Am hoping the smell of Spring around the corner is helping with the process as well. The first thing I did after I read your comments was bake...bake something comforting....something that would make me feel good and warm inside. I found the most amazing banana muffin recipe at the cutest cooking blog called Cat Can Cook. Coincidence that I found the blog that references a "cat?" :) Oh my goodness, these muffins stay truly moist!

Bananas are true sources of energy. A banana contains potassium, proteins, fibers, carbohydrates and an association of vitamins: A, B, B6, C and E; it is rich in calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc and folic acid. I would have to say the banana is one of the healthiest fruits there is!

I bet you didn't know bananas have magical properties as well. I didn't. Their properties include fertility, potency and prosperity.



I had these everyday for breakfast for more than a week and NEVER got tired of 'em. I hope you try them out if just for a little down home comfort food. :)

Blessings all!

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you again Michelle! I don't know what kind of cookies those are but, they sure do look good. I love banana muffins right out of the oven, an awesome comfort food.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! They look delicious! Might whip up a batch for myself and the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look AMAZING!! Now I have to run and make some muffins! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look really good! I do have an abundance of bananas in the freezer....

    Glad you are feeling better - hope you are getting more Spring than we are! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete