Monday, October 12, 2009

Spider Web Hurricane and an Award!

Just got back from Montana yesterday. It wasn't the day I thought it would be to just come home and relax. Instead, I got home and found my cat in an asthma attack (the house sitter said she wasn't like this earlier so it must have just come on before I came home) and I had to rush her to the emergency vet. *sigh* We just discovered she had asthma about three weeks ago (another vet emergency visit). After taking x-rays to determine that she had this condition (and she's only a year old) they treated her with a steroid shot. I hated that but I had to do what was best for her. This time they sent me home with an inhaler. YES, an inhaler. I didn't even know animals could have asthma. I'm meeting with a naturopath at my regular vet to see how we can treat her naturally. In any event, I'm finally winding down from everything tonight. :)

So, to wind down and to continue the October blog party hosted by the Domestic Witch I thought I'd make a very haunted Martha Stewart craft. It was so easy too! The spidery hurricane! You can find her directions here! I couldn't find a frosted hurricane but the clear works just fine!





Also! As promised, I won an award!! Thank you, Marzel my very good friend (and in real life) over at Play of Light and Shadow. :) Thank you, Marzel!! You're awesome! I also received this award from Suzie over at Cat in the Moon (she has the cutest blog!). Thank you, Suzie! Oh gosh....and I wanna say someone else awarded this to me but can't remember. SO SORRY!! I have been foggy the past couple of days with everything that has gone on and being back from vacation made me forget where I left off! Lol! If anyone else awarded this to me, please let me know so I can give you proper credit!!


I am to pass this Award along to six wonderful Artists! Here are the rules for the Over the Top Award. Copy and change the answers and paste the it on your blog. One word answers! Once you have filled it out pass this award to 6 others. Alert then that they have been awarded! And have fun!

1 Where is your cell phone? Purse
2 Your hair? Long
3 Your mother? California
4 Your father? Ashes
5 Your Favorite food? Sushi
6 Your dream last night? Boyfriend
7 Your favorite drink? Iced tea
8 Your dream/goal? Author
9 What room are you in? Witchy
10 Your hobby? Crafting (meant in two ways)
11 Your fear? Drowning
12 Where do you want to be in six years? Happy
13 Where were you last night? Vet
14 Something that you aren't? Unhappy
15 Muffins? Chocolate
16 Wish list item? Horse
17 Where did you grow up? California
18 Last thing you did? Craft
19 What are you wearing? Sweats
20 Your Tv? On
21 Your pets? Cats
22 Friends? Close
23 Your life? Happy
24 Your mood? Melancholy
25 Missing someone? Yes
26 Vehical? Kia
27 Something your not wearing? Earrings
28 Your favorite store? HealthyPet
29 Your favorite color? Pink
30 When was the last time you laughed? Today
31 Last time you cried? Awhile
32 Your best friend? Several
33 One place that I go over and over? Michaels
34 One person who Emails you regularly? Brother
35 Favorite place to eat? Sushibar
OK that's it!


I love breaking rules. Anyone who leaves a comment to this post gets the award and questions! Have fun and play along!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, not a very good homecoming. I never knew an animal could have asthma. I couldn't imagine trying to get one of our cats to use an inhaler. Yikes!
    I love that spidery candle holder, I just may try that!
    Glad you had a nice trip!
    Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your kitty is feeling better soon. Glad you have an open minded vet. I will have to give the spiderweb candle holder a try. My daughter and I, made nutter butter ghost this weekend -totally fun. I will post my answers to the questions on my blog at maesmenagerie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no so sorry to hear about your cat...The candle is adorable Martha's crafts are addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait...so how exactly do you give an inhaler to a cat? I mean, they're not going to inhale when they're supposed to. LOL

    I LOVE that candle holder you made! I need to make one...but I am sooooo not crafty. Not even a little. Nevertheless, I will give it the old college try. :D

    Congratulations on your awards!

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poor fabulous feline!!! They are like family! Love the spider web craft....and ADORE this blog!!! Welcome home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Salem has asthma as well...keep in mind things like those "plug ins", air fresheners, even some clumping litters can aggravate it...i cant even spray febreze pet spray near him...but I have him on a very lo dose of prednisone...we started him high and weaned him down to only 1/2 ml in the evening...we tried to get him off of it but he starts all over. It is also possible to give your kitty treatments (if you check online there are actually schematics for building a kitty asthma treatment chamber out of rubbermaid containers) Its a scary disease...im lucky i work for a vet so i can keep him well monitored..so far so good no side effects at all from the pred.......GOOD LUCK TO YOU...and love the spiderweb candleholder!

    ReplyDelete